SLTC  workshop, October 25, 2012, Lund, Sweden
Call for papers
The Workshop on Language, Action and Perception (APL) is intended to a be a networking and community building event for researchers that are interested in any form of interaction of natural language with the physical world in a computational framework. Both theoretical and practical proposals are welcome. Example areas include semantic theories of human language, action and perception, situated dialogue, situated language acquisition, grounding of language in action and perception, spatial cognition, generation and interpretation of scene descriptions from images and videos, integrated robotic systems and others. We would also like to welcome researchers from computer vision and robotic communities who are increasingly using linguistic representations such as ontologies to improve image interpretation, object recognition, localisation and navigation.
Johan Boye  (KTH)
Robin Cooper  (University of Gothenburg)
Nigel Crook  (Oxford Brookes University)
Simon Dobnik  (University of Gothenburg)
Raquel Fernandez  (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
John Kelleher  (Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland)
Staffan Larsson  (University of Gothenburg)
Peter Ljunglöf  (Chalmers University of Technology)
Robert Ross  (Dublin Institue of Technolog, Ireland)
Please submit your abstract as a pdf document with your author details removed through EasyChair here .
The submitted abstracts will be published on the workshop web-page and the authors will be given an opportunity to present their work at the workshop in a form of brief oral presentations followed by a poster session.
Following the workshop the contributing authors will be invited to submit full-length (8 page) papers to be published in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings  (ISSN 1613-0073) online.
- 10 September 2012: abstract submission
- 17 September 2012: extension of abstract submission deadline
- 8 October 2012: notification of acceptance
- 22 October 2012: camera-ready abstracts for publication online
The workshop will take place on October 25th 2012 in the room E 1145 of the E building of LTH (Lunds tekniska högskola , a part of Lund university ) close to the other two  SLTC 2012 workshops. You can find a map here .
The room will have a projector and a wifi connection. Eduroam should allow you to connect to the internet. If you don't have an Eduroam account, let us know in advance to request from the SLTC organisers wifi vouchers.
Workshop programme and proceedings
- 9:00 - 9:25: Johan Boye: Spatial grounding for city exploration 
- 9:25 - 9:50: Staffan Larsson: Formal semantics for perception 
- 9:50 - 10:15: Pierre Lison: Towards dialogue management in relational domains 
- 10:15 - 10:30: Coffee break
- 10:30 - 10:55: Kristina Nilsson Björkenstam and Mats Wirén: Reference to objects in longitudinal parent-child interaction 
- 10:55 - 11:20: Gabriel Skantze: Gaze in situated interaction 
- 11:20 - 11:30: Concluding discussion
Simon Dobnik, Staffan Larsson, Robin Cooper, Centre for Language Technology and Department of Philosophy, Linguistics, and Theory of Science, Gothenburg University
name [dot] surname [at] gu [dot] se or apl2012 [at] easychair [dot] org
Image of a Red Rome apple courtesy of New York Apple Association , © New York Apple Association.